Christmas with Ellie was like no other Christmas that I can remember.
We started celebrating early with our little family opening gifts at home a few days before Christmas. I loved how her little hand would dig in her stocking and pull out things one by one. So so precious!!
Our favorite moment was when Ellie squealed and jumped on the Tickle Me Elmo box every time it would make the giggling sound. We haven't even opened the toy because the box itself makes her happy.
Then Ellie and I headed off to Grammy's house to spend a few days letting Ellie bond with my brother. It was only her second time to see him, so it was quite fun to watch her warm up to him.
A fav memory from my parent's house was when Papa drove Ellie around the living room in an orange box...oh so funny (she topples...but doesn't get hurt)!!!
Andrew had to work nights, so he didn't get off work until 7am on Christmas morning. He is such an amazing daddy and husband. He worked all night, then hopped in the car, picked up the puppy, and drove 2.5 hours to my parent's house so he could revel in delight over Ellie's first Christmas. He didn't even get a chance to rest because once we had opened gifts with my parents, it was time to head to his parent's house!
| Grammy's Tree |
| Content in her Daddy's lap |
| Mimi's Tree |
| Merry Christmas from the Morris Family |
It was a whirlwind of family and gifts and in that it's so easy to lose sight of the true celebration. I hope and pray that as Ellie grows I will be able to show and teach her that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus (not Santa, stockings, trees, gifts, and goodies). God has blessed me with a huge job...a parent's most important job, raising my daughter in Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment