Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dashing to Dallas

Whenever Andrew and I go to Dallas, we try to spend some time together without Miss Ellie.  We leave her with one of her doting grandparents.  I think they enjoy the time with her as much as we enjoy our time as a couple.
This past weekend, Andrew and I took a special trip to Dallas.  As usual, we had just about every second of the weekend planned out.  My mom spent almost all day Saturday watching Ellie.  Andrew and I spent the day shopping together and enjoying Sushi, and the night celebrating Baby McCollum's Gender Reveal.  We felt so honored to be invited to share such a special moment with them!  I didn't have my camera, so I am posting some pictures that I stole from facebook :)  Courtney's mom did an amazing job putting together a "Bee" themed party!
Cute Invitation
Yummy cookies
I loved watching them exchange excited expressions as they bit into their cupcakes and found out that they are expecting a baby GIRL!

Of course, Ellie was also very excited to know that she will have a new best friend in May!!  The evening was finished out by another celebration.  All the Baylor fans gathered together to watch as RG3 was announced as the Heisman winner!!!  What an exciting evening!  And honestly, the whole time, I just kept thinking how thankful I was to be home in Texas where I am able to help all my friends celebrate the greatness God is doing in their lives!
Andrew and I had special plans for Ellie on Sunday.  To make our trip to Dallas complete, we decided to take her to see Santa.  I feel that her first Santa experience should be well documented, so watch for the Santa story soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment