When I initially found out that Andrew was going to be working the night before and the night of Thanksgiving, I was SO sad that he would miss out on Ellie's first Turkey day. After much crying (and complaining to friends) I realized that Thanksgiving doesn't have to be on the third Thursday of November. It can be any day we choose to celebrate and be thankful.
So, I planned a small Thanksgiving meal for Andrew and I to share at home the day before Thanksgiving. We set up our Christmas tree and took pictures. Sometimes in life, we need to find ways to create our own happiness. It made me happy to celebrate with him, even if it wasn't on the third Thursday of November.
I then packed Ellie and I up and headed to Dallas to celebrate with my parents. Ellie sat at the table while we ate, and she even tried some mashed sweet potatoes in her turkey puree (not a big hit). I was glad to be able to share the day with family.
| Ellie and I with her "feast" |
| Playing with "Papa" |
We stayed in Dallas for the weekend to do some serious shopping! While we were there, Ellie seemed to do some serious growing up.
When we left my house on Wednesday, she had three teeth. When we left Grammy's house on Sunday, she had four teeth.
She learned how to "cruise" along the couch at Grammy's house. She will now walk from one end of the couch to the other to get to something, rather than plop down and crawl. We got to share this moment with Andrew via facetime.
She started saying "dada" at Grammy's house. Andrew also got to hear this via facetime, but I think he enjoys it much more in person!
She learned how to "click" her tongue.
She grew up and changed so much all in a matter of four days!
Simply put: We are thankful for Ellie Lynn.
No comments:
Post a Comment