For those of you who didn't go to Baylor, you may not realize how huge Baylor Homecoming is. Homecoming is a big deal, like, a really big deal. When I lived in Florida I flew home for every Homecoming. This year we only live 45 minutes from Baylor, so getting to Homecoming shouldn't have been an issue at all!
Well, little Miss Ellie changed our Homecoming plans. Usually, my family and I go to the Bonfire on Friday night, the parade on Saturday morning, and the game on Saturday afternoon. We knew the Bonfire wasn't going to work out and we had already made arrangements for a friend to watch Ellie during the game. So, Ellie's one Homecoming event was going to be the parade. Well, Baylor decided to schedule the game at night. This is the first time that the Homecoming game has been at night in the past 8 years! This meant that Ellie was going to have to be shuttled around town from place to place all day (she HATES being in the car). So, we decided that we would not go to the parade this year. I was a little sad because I really want to share the wonders of Baylor with Ellie; this was not the weekend to do it though.
So, no Bonfire and no Parade. But, we made it to the football game and Ellie was happily sleeping at a friend's house. We were able to see several friends at the game (Kaitlyn and her 18 week preggers belly, my Tri Delt little Gentry, and Courtney and her 13 week preggers belly). But, we didn't take a single picture (very unlike this camera happy lady!)
I have high hopes for Ellie and Homecoming next year. But as with everything in my life, I will be flexible and do what is going to be best for her...not what is best for me. Making sacrifices is a large part of being a parent.
No comments:
Post a Comment