Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nine Times the Fun

Ellie Lynn is now Nine months old!  Before we had a baby, Andrew and I always talked about how we thought nine month olds were so much fun.  Well, Ellie has certainly lived up to our expectations.  This is BY FAR our favorite age.  She is a blast to play with each and every day!  I have loved my sweet girl with all my heart since before she was conceived, but the love I have for her now seems to grow by the second.
She weighs 17 pounds 7 ounces and is 28.25 inches long.  The doctor said she is growing along her curve just fine and will probably be long and lean when she is older.  The only shot she got at this appointment was her flu shot (thank goodness because Andrew was working, and I am a bit emotional when she gets her shots).

It seems like she is learning new things every day!  One of my favorite new things is clapping.  It is beyond precious.  She will sometimes clap if we ask her to, but usually she claps after we clap or we say, "Yay!".

She is cruising very quickly on the furniture.  She also will walk behind anything she can push along the ground.  I don't think she will be walking by Christmas, but it should be soon.  *Side Note-Before she was born, we were wondering if she would be crawling by Christmas!  We didn't even consider walking!  Funny how babies surprise you :)*
She babbles continuously throughout the day, but hasn't identified any words with specific people/objects yet.  She loves to play in her headband basket.  She will take them all out and the taste each one individually.  I put up her special headbands so they don't get eaten.
She is very tempted by two things in our house.  The Christmas tree and Bailey's bed/toys.  She will sit in front of them and stare.  Then, slowly her little hand will creep towards them.  I can see her trying so hard to restrain herself.  She will drop her hand, and then reach out again.  Sometimes she actually touches it, but I usually say, "No Touch" and move her away.  It is super cute to watch her think about whether she should do it or not though.
She still loves to play with her Tupperware.  She has a basket in the living room full of different shapes and sizes.
She has developed a slight interest in Sesame Street.  She will stand in front of the TV and watch for 10-15 minutes.

She is working on eating more finger foods.  We have given her potatoes, lasagna, waffles, pancakes, banana bread, Cheerios, and bananas.
She is very ticklish.
She loves to be pulled across the floor on her tummy (or in a laundry basket, or on a blanket).  She has even tried to push herself backwards on her tummy after we have pulled her, as if to say, "Don't stop, I liked that".  She likes the way her hands make a squeaky sound on the hardwood when we pull her.
When Andrew is home in the evenings, he will get her undressed for her bath while I run the water.  He sets her down in her room and she crawls SO fast into the bathroom!  She just can't wait to get in the tub and make "splashies".  It is so cute to watch!!
She is so well behaved when we run errands.  She loves to sit in her stroller or in the shopping cart.  And seriously, it seems like every single person we pass stops to talk to her or say something about her.  She is quite the attention getter!
She can stand on her own for up to 30 seconds.  She has to be in the mood though.  Otherwise she will just bounce her legs until you let her sit down.

She still loves to play with Bailey.  They are so funny to watch.  Bailey definitely encourages her to chase her around the living room, from the couch to the chair.  Lately, Ellie has been trying to pet Bailey, rather than just grab handfuls of her fur.  She hits her a little hard for Bailey's liking, but Bailey has never once so much as nipped at her.  I love my sweet puppy dog!

If nine months old has been nine times the fun...I can only imagine what amount of fun lies ahead for our family.

2 comments:

  1. I remember thinking how much fun that age was and that it was the best month of all. And then every month since has proven me wrong. I cannot describe how precious Tyler is to me and every day is more fun than the previous. Being a mom is the most cherished blessing of all. Can't wait to start with another one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten Months has been yet another fun filled month...I think you are right! More and more fun as the months go by :) Yay for future baby Scott!!!

    ReplyDelete