| Happy Mother's Day Out sweet baby girl |
| She kept running under my legs saying, "Mommy, mommy, mommy" |
Throughout the day on Wednesday I filled her sweet little backpack with diapers and a change of clothes and I put her name label on her sippy cup. I made her very first "first" day of school sign! I also spent lots of time talking to Ellie about going to school. When I say school, she responds with "teacher". When I say teacher, she responds with "school". It's super adorable that she can already connect the two words in her mind!
Around midnight on Wednesday, Andrew got home from work and had some very sad news. He wasn't going to be able to make it to drop her off with me in the morning. Mini anxiety attacks started right then (and I think they are just now slowing down...).
This morning, I woke Ellie up with a fun made-up song about starting Mother's Day Out, going to school, seeing her teacher, and making new friends. She seemed to enjoy it :) I put her in her new outfit, snapped a million pictures (MUST get a nice camera ASAP) and loaded her up in the car.
| She was pointing out the E, S, and M :) |
My precious friend Katie knew I would be heart broken. She waited in the hall outside Ellie's door until she heard Ellie calm down. She snapped a quick picture of her sitting in the teacher's lap and ran out to hug me tight! Her big guy, Wook, did much better with drop off today. No tears for him!!
Andrew surprised me by pulling into the parking lot about five minutes later! I was so thankful to see him, but so bummed because I knew there was no way on earth either he or I could step foot inside that building. I didn't want Ellie to get upset again! He hugged me and told me we were doing the right thing and headed back to work.
What now? I felt a little lost. I hadn't really made plans for the morning. I made my way to Starbucks and drowned my sorrows in a salted caramel white mocha. It helped ease my pain! I sat in my car in the parking lot. I called my mom and cried as I retold the whole story. Then, I texted my sweet friend Kaitlyn an update. Then, I texted the director of Mother's Day Out (she had told me I was welcome to text her at any time to check on Ellie). She quickly responded that Ellie wasn't crying anymore and that she loves the playground!! She even took the time to send me a picture of Ellie playing! I started crying all over again when I got the picture, but more tears of relief than of sorrow.
| Picture update from director! |
I am excited to go pick her up though! I want to peek in on her for a few minutes to see how things are going, we'll see if that works out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment