Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mother's Day Out update!

After Ellie's third day of Mother's Day Out, I am feeling much better about the whole situation!  Ellie is too!! She seems to have settled down into an almost normal routine!  We are no longer stressing out over the MDO backlash!
She still cries at naptime and bedtime, BUT it's usually for less than a minute!!!  Which is a HUGE improvement!  She is still clingy, but she no longer screams "Mommy" in a panicky voice every time I am out of eyesight.
I am so thankful for all my sweet friends who were calling and texting me to check on how Ellie and I were handling everything.  I am also so thankful for the director of Ellie's MDO.  She is very understanding and sends me updates whenever I need them!  She texted me this adorable picture of Ellie last Thursday :)  Seeing her smile instantly put my heart at ease.

Ellie still cries at drop off; today she actually started crying in the parking lot.  But, the cries are less frantic.  The first two times when I picked her up, all of the kids started crying the second I walked into the room.  Today, no one started crying when we got there!  Another mom and I got there a few minutes early and were able to watch them play for a little bit.  All four kiddos were happily playing with various toys while listening to music.  There weren't any tear stained cheeks!  It was so reassuring to see that!!  Today, Ellie's teacher wrote on her behavior chart that she had a GREAT day!!  YAY Ellie :)
I know this is only the first of a long list of challenges that Ellie and I will face together.  She and I are both adjusting well!!  Whew....what a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment