Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cupcake Wrapper Number Wreath

I saw this  adorable number 5 on pinterest and knew that I wanted a number 1 on the door for Ellie's party!  After much web searching on cupcake wrapper wreaths, I jumped in to making my own version.  I am beyond happy with the results.  I think this was the perfect way to greet our party guests!







Materials:
*Cardboard
*Scissors/Box Knife
*Hot Glue
*Cupcake wrappers (I used 100)
*Ribbon for hanging

1. Print out a template for your number.
2. Tape the template to the cardboard.

3. The trickiest part was making the template larger.  With lots of measuring I was able to enlarge my number.
4. Cut out the number using scissors or a box knife.

5. Twist the bottom of the cupcake wrappers to form flowers.
6. Glue 9-10 wrappers.  Move to a different part of the number and glue more wrappers.  This allows each area to dry before you add more wrappers.

7. Continue to fill the gaps with wrappers.

8. Add ribbon (I used hot glue to attach mine) and hang :)

This whole project only took one naptime!  

1 comment:

  1. a-dor-a-ble! i love that you measure time it takes to do things in # of naps, too! thanks for sharing your craftiness/ideas! (my headbands are coming along great, i'll send you a pic when i'm done:):)I think they'll total 3 nap times...

    ReplyDelete