Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's the little things

Ellie is growing and changing so fast! There are a few little things that she does that I know won't last forever, but that I never want to forget.

When I lay her down for naps and night-night, she sucks her thumb and kicks her legs straight up in the air. Every time I want to pick her back up and squeeze her because it is too stinking cute!
When I used to get her up from her naps she would be laying there smiling up at me. This has already changed. She now lounges in the corner on her crib bumpers waiting for me to get her.

When we walk out of her room she flinches in anticipation of me closing the door. Sometimes I don't close the door (to see if she still does it) and she does! Such a cutie!

She anticipates the sound that her Tupperware towers make when she knocks them down. She scrunches up her little face, even if they don't fall down!

Whenever she is close enough to a mirror, she leans in to "kiss" the baby she sees.

She flaps her arms up and down and giggles when I read Everywhere a Moo Moo and Peek A Who? to her.

She has a touch and feel book that we read to her every night, Beddy-By. We always take her hand and rub the different textures. Now, when we put her hand on the textures, she wiggles her fingers up and down over them. I absolutely love it!!!  (it's hard to tell in the video because it's so dark...also, she didn't like Daddy videoing us)

These little things are what make my heart ache with love for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment