Friday, August 5, 2011

From Chaos to Calm

Well, no one told me it would be easy to move with a three month old.  Actually, I was well informed that it would be quite stressful.  And, stressful it was!  But, we survived.  Our little family of four (we always include Bailey) made the long, hard, emotional journey from Florida to Texas.  It has taken quite some time, but this is starting to feel like home. We still have some curtains to hang and some odds and ends to find places for, but, we are comfortable here.
While we are MUCH closer to our family and lots of friends, we (mostly I) feel a bit lonely.  Andrew is SO busy with his new job and my parents are quite the drive (especially with a fussy Ellie) that it kind of feels like it's just me and Ellie.  I love being with Ellie all the time, but I think it's important for me to spend time with friends too.  I have LOVED spending time with some of my Texas friends, but they don't live down the street or anything.  Good news though!  Andrew said that another resident's wife (who actually does live down the street) has been feeling very lonely too.  So, I have charged Andrew with the task of organizing a get together for the four of us.  I hope that she and I have some things in common!  
Oh Miss Ellie, she is now a fabulous five month old girl.  She has grown so much in the two months since we have been here.  She enjoys rice cereal, squash and green beans.  She rolls from one side of the room to the other.  She giggles while she watches Bailey play.  She is officially on a "four hour" schedule.  She sleeps 12 hours a night.  She likes to explore Hobby Lobby in the Bjorn.  She blows raspberries.  She squeals loudly when she can't get to a toy or place that she wants.  She actually enjoys her bottle and opens her mouth eagerly when I bring it to her.  She splashes (a tiny bit) in the tub.  She is soothed by the outdoors.  She is incredible!
I am anxious for it to cool down outside.  I think that Ellie will really enjoy spending more time in the backyard. And, then she and I can go on walks!  I think a jogging stroller is in our near future (probably another month or so before she is big enough and it is cool enough).  Andrew and I are also looking forward to football season!  We bought season tickets for our beloved Baylor.  We are going to attempt to bring Ellie to some of the games...we'll see how that goes!
Now that we are feeling more settled, I will spend more time updating about every little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment