Ellie is growing and changing right in front of my eyes. She may not actually be leaping and bounding, but she sure is wiggling and creeping! She is so eager to crawl, but gets frustrated when she can't move. In her frustration, she actually scoots forward and backward. We visited Dallas this past weekend. Our parents couldn't believe how much she had grown. On Sunday morning we watched her attempts to move forward. By Sunday evening, she was actually getting her knees under her and scooting forward a little bit. My little baby is going to be on the move soon! Part of me is so excited by her development and excited that she will be able to get to her toys without squealing in frustration. Another part of me aches at the thought of her growing so quickly...I just want to keep her tiny and snuggle with her all the time. I think this is the lifelong struggle of a parent.
These were the very first signs of crawling! This was less than a week ago and now she puts her knees under her and tries to move forward!
Ellie played the piano with Poppi :)
Today was the first day of school for many of my friends. I had some bittersweet feelings about it. I missed my friendships and the excitement on the students faces. I missed a lot of little things (analyzing the new schedule, meeting the parents, using my All About me Bag to introduce myself, reading No, David, organizing all the new supplies). It feels strange to no longer be apart of that. I am thankful to be with Miss Ellie though. I love being her mommy! Being a stay at home mommy has always been my dream job :)
No comments:
Post a Comment