Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Originally, we planned on being in Texas for Easter.  We wanted Ellie to celebrate with our families.  However, we underestimated how tricky it would be travel with her.  So we decided it would be best for everyone for us to stay in Florida.
Andrew and I worked together to get Ellie dressed in her very first Easter dress (which also took an entire month for us to pick out).  The whole time I kept thinking about what a big moment it was to me.  It was her first Easter, her first time to attend church, and her first holiday to celebrate.


Ellie did very well.  She slept on and off throughout the service.  I kept thinking about how incredible it is that God sent his son to die so that my baby girl could have eternal life with Him.  Jesus shed His blood so she could be forgiven for sins she hasn't yet committed.  Truly incredible.
We spent the afternoon decorating eggs.  It was so fun to make eggs just for Ellie.

We also gave Ellie her Easter basket.  We got her bows and a Taggie book called Thank You Prayer.  We thought it was the perfect first Easter gift because we are so thankful for Jesus.

While I was holding her she kept breaking out in these huge grins that ended with an almost giggle sound.  I think that is the next milestone we are heading towards.  Tears just poured down my face to see her so happy!  I knew that her smiles were just for me; they couldn't have been more perfect!!!
We missed sharing Ellie's first holiday and first Easter with our families, but we had an amazing day together.  Do you think Ellie will be walking at her first egg hunt next year?!?! 
In other news, Ellie is not a newborn anymore.  She is no longer wearing newborn diapers and has grown longer (but not wider) then most of her newborn outfits.  The 0-3 month outfits are baggy on her, but fit better in the length.  Andrew and I got teary eyed as we put her in her last newborn diaper.  How did our teeny tiny baby outgrow her teeny tiny diapers and clothes already?

1 comment: