Saturday, September 25, 2010

Finding out about Baby Morris!

Last Christmas, Andrew and I decided that we were ready to have a baby!  This exciting decision led to lots of other little decisions along the way.  After much prayer and consideration, we decided that this summer would be the best time to have the baby.  So, in June, our journey began!
On July 7 I took my first pregnancy test...and truly couldn't believe that it came back positive.  I was in a state of shock.  I knew it was right, but just couldn't believe it was all falling into place.
We found out three days before Kaitlyn came to visit.  We were so thrilled with the news, we couldn't keep it to ourselves!  So, the day she arrived, we greeted her with the news.  She was so excited for us!
We shared the news with one other friend, and then kept it all to ourselves.  We wanted to tell both of our parents in person.


It was really hard not talking to my mom about it...I went to my first appointment and she didn't even know!  This is the 9 week sonogram.


But, when we handed them their Tervis Tumblers that said "Grandma" and "Grandpa" their faces made it worth the wait!

For Andrew's family, his sweet sister allowed us to tell his whole family at her college graduation luncheon.  We gave his mother a birthday card, to "Grandma".  She was so surprised by the news!  It was fun getting to share it with lots of his aunts and uncles, as well as grandparents!

I am currently 16 weeks along and am already quite anxious to find out if we are having a boy or a girl!  I feel like I can't move forward with any planning or decision making until we know!  It's fun to hear what friends and co-workers predict!



Most days it still feels quite surreal.  Sometimes I will find myself choked up with emotion over the miracle inside my belly.  Other days, it doesn't even feel like I am pregnant!

Hopefully I will be able to keep this updated regularly.  Having so many family and friends that live far away, I thought a blog would be a great way to keep all of you in the loop with my pregnancy.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love it. Keep us posted. I so wish that ya'll weren't so far away. I can relate to everything you are feeling right now. Words just can't describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet...I miss being able to be close enough to share in everything. It still feels very strange and surreal that my sweet baby girl is soon to have a baby of her own! Sometimes I feel like I'm still waiting for you to walk in the door from school...when did you grow up!?! I guess that rock daddy kept putting on your head slipped off.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stacy! I found your blog from Facebook. Yay! Congratulations!! So excited for y'all:) Enjoy every second of it; 9 months goes by quickly!!

    ReplyDelete