Well, we decided that I would find out and then share the news with him. The problem was, I didn't want to have to tell him over the phone, and I knew I couldn't wait two weeks until I would see him. So, I planned a surprise! I decided that I would reschedule my sonogram for a week earlier (two days before I was going visit him in Texas) and then I would surprise him with the results!
So, on October 6th (my sweet momma's birthday), my friend Tiffany and I headed to my sonogram. The other trick was not telling ANYONE (but Tiffany) that I was finding out. I really wanted Andrew to be the first person I shared the news with. My own mother didn't know that I had rescheduled the sonogram appointment!
| The morning of "gender determination day" |
When the doctor said, "It's a girl" I was so shocked I could barely catch my breath. A minute or two later tears streamed down my cheeks as I realized the amazing gift God had given us was a precious baby girl! It actually makes me tear up now just thinking about how I felt at that moment. I was so thankful to have Tiffany with me for moral support. I honestly don't know how women do these type of things by themselves.
| Still shocked that there's a baby girl in my belly!! |
For the next 48 hours all I could think about was how thrilled I was to get to Texas and tell Andrew the news. I dashed to Target to buy a cute baby girl "Daddy" outfit and a "Grandma" outfit.
Waiting for Andrew to get to my parent's house in Texas seemed never-ending. I kept calling him to find out how far away he was! When he finally arrived I asked him to come upstairs to see something. I told him I had a surprise for him. Jokingly, he said, "Is it a gender revelation gift?" I laughed it off as he opened his gift and his face turned bright red! He couldn't catch his breath; he literally had to sit down. He was SO shocked, because he had no idea that I had found out about our baby girl! His eyes filled with tears and he wanted to know every detail of the appointment (as well as how I managed to surprise him).
My parents were really excited to find out the news as well. They both said that they always knew I would have a baby girl, so they weren't too surprised.
While it was emotionally difficult to not share the sonogram appointment with Andrew, it was so satisfying to surprise him with Baby Girl Morris news!!!
So excited for you...a baby girl is perfect!
ReplyDelete