Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter

We were SO excited to find out that Andrew would have Easter off (his first holiday off since he started Residency)!  We went back and forth about travelling to Dallas for the holiday (it was also his first day off in 25 days...so he was pretty exhausted!).  After much thought, we decided that being with family on Easter was important for Ellie.  So, when he got home Saturday morning from his 12 hour overnight shift, we loaded up the car and headed to Dallas.
We were able to spend Saturday evening playing with Mimi, Poppy, and Aunt Holly.  Ellie especially enjoyed playing their piano (complete with dance moves) and teasing their three dogs.  Those poor puppies...she kept knocking on the glass and squealing at them!
We spent a lot of time reading What is Easter?  Next year I am going to look for a better book to describe Easter (any suggestions?!?).  The most important part, explaining Jesus dying and rising from the tomb, is at the very end.  Ellie is not quite patient enough to sit all the way through to that part!
Ellie enjoyed doing an Easter egg hunt with Grammy and Papa.  She had a hard time holding the basket while picking up eggs.  So, Papa held the basket while she went from one egg to the next.  She spent most of the time sucking/chewing on the eggs!  But, she actually did put a few eggs in her basket and she seemed to enjoy "finding" the eggs in the grass!  It was a precious time with her!
She's off!


Daddy showed her a few tricky ones :)
We had a delicious lunch out with Grammy, Mimi, Poppy, and Aunt Holly.  Ellie took lots of tours of the restaurant, but actually sat quite nicely at the table for long stretches of time!  

My favorite picture of the weekend!!
It took 30 minutes to get one picture of her actually holding her Easter basket!
She kept running off!  I think she must have been looking for more eggs!





Easter afternoon was very rainy.  The rain poured down, washing away all the filth.  A nice reminder of how Jesus's blood washed away the stain of our sins.   


2 comments:

  1. Cute video! I don't know of any books myself yet, for Easter, but I have heard of "resurrection eggs" that are more props/visuals that walk kids through the meaning of Easter and leading up to the day. I'll probably get these a couple years (at christian bookstores, i think).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of making resurrection rolls, but didn't know they sold "resurrection eggs". I should head to the Christian bookstore and see if they have some on sale!!

    ReplyDelete