Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crafty Mommy~Pinterest

My mother is extremely crafty and I have always been so proud of her creativity.  I am striving to become more crafty like her!  If I see something I like, I start thinking about how I can recreate it to fit my needs...something my mother has ALWAYS done!!!  We will be out shopping and I will say to Andrew, "I wonder if I can make something like that..."  His response, "You sound just like your mother!".  It's true, daughters do turn into their mothers.  I pray that I will be a woman that Ellie will be honored to emulate, much like I am honored to be like my mom.
Pinterest has been a HUGE part of my craftiness.  I had to stop getting on Pinterest too close to bedtime because all my ideas would swirl through my mind, keeping me (and my sweet husband) from sleeping!

I have made tons of recipes from Pinterest.  This is a small sample of some of fav Pinterest food finds (very small, considering I make about 3 Pinterest recipes a week...at least)


Spicy Chicken Rigatoni



Chicken Rollatini


Benihana Style Chicken Fried Rice


Spinach Lasagna Rolls


Sugar Cookies from Cake Mix


Appetizer

Ellie's Texas nursery found lots of inspiration from Pinterest.  These three projects stick out in my mind:

Bookshelf Inspiration                                      Ellie's Bookshelf

                                 
Tissue Puff Inspiration and Ellie's Tissue Puff Cluster

  

Name Above Crib Inspiration and Ellie's name above her crib


I covered all my plastic storage with scrapbook paper thanks to this idea:

 scrapbook paper inside of plastic bins- for office

I repurposed an old picture frame into Boo for Halloween and Joy for Chrismtas...inspired by this:

These hand-painted 5"x7" canvases are the perfect decoration for Fall, and can be used as a decoration inside, as well as outside. They re painted with acrylic paints, and then finished with Mod Podge to give them a shiny look. @Lisa

I have thrown one shower and am in the process of throwing another shower as well as Ellie's birthday party. Once again, I continually turn to Pinterest!

I am thankful that current technology has encouraged me in my efforts to become more crafty like my mother!  Since the ladies at Hobby Lobby know Ellie and I on a first name basis, I think I am making good progress!  I will post any yummy new recipes I make or easy projects I do (I am especially excited about one I am working on for baby Hadley)!

2 comments:

  1. Ellie's nursery is too cute! Did you use wallpaper on the inside of yours too? I'm wanting to update our laundry room and am thinking of wallpapering the inside of the cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I actually used fabric and wrapped the backing of the bookshelf with it. I used fabric because I had some leftover from her crib bedding and I wanted it to match. I bet wallpaper would be really cute inside the cabinets!

    ReplyDelete