On March 4, 2011 Andrew and I finally got to meet the baby girl we have been praying for over the past year. The day began with me waking up to my water breaking at 1:11 am. I surprised myself with how calm both Andrew and I remained. We worked together to finish packing the few last minute items. I even took the time to make the bed and put away some laundry (I wanted to bring her home to a clean house!)
We arrived at the hospital around 2:30 am. They confirmed that my water had broken and that Ellie would be arriving that day! They checked us in, and that is when my anxiety set in. I don't think my body stopped shaking until about 24 hours after I delivered.
I made it through the first few hours of contractions without any pain management. When I asked for the epidural, we discovered that I was already 8 cm. I had progressed about 2cm and hour! I was very thankful for the epidural...I am sure Andrew was as well.
At 11:30am, they came in and said to push. I couldn't believe it...they seemed so calm and non-chalant about such an earth shattering statement! So, I pushed!
After an hour or two of pushing, they didn't think I was making enough progress because of the epidural. So, much to my dismay, they turned the epidural off. I continued to push for another hour without much success. Another doctor came in and spotted the problem. Ellie was face up when she should have been face down. So, the doctor aggressively turned Ellie the correct direction. After another hour of pushing, Ellie made her world debut. It was exactly 3:30pm.
At 3:30 pm on March 4, 2011 Ellie Lynn changed Andrew and I's lives forever. We are no longer a twosome, but a threesome. We aren't just husband and wife, we are also a daddy and mommy. My 7 pound, 21inch princess started a brand new chapter in the story of our life!
We love Ellie so much and I look forward to sharing our adventures with you. I will hopefully have more time for updates on here, now that I will be at home!

Congratulations!!!
ReplyDelete